1. Start the engine and depress the brake pedal several times.
2. Stop the engine.
3. Pull the underside of the cover in the direction shown by the arrow and remove clips A from the console.
4. Disengage the hooks from the console and remove the cover.
5. Verify the position of the adjusting nut while looking in from above the console (A) as shown, and set the socket on the nut.
6. Turn the adjusting nut to adjust the parking brake lever.
7. After adjustment, inspect the following points:a. Turn the ignition switch to ON, pull the parking brake lever one notch, and verify that the parking brake warning light illuminates.b. Verify that the rear brakes do not drag.